- VHS and VHS-C (Compact) VIDEO TO DIGITAL Specialised VHS video camcorders came on the market in the early 1980s. Many home videos were recorded on these cameras and most homes had a VHS player. Conversion to digital is imperative if the content is to be saved.
- MINI DV (digital-video) TAPES TO DIGITAL. This media was used on mini DV camcorders. DV arrived on the scene in 1995. It became a de facto standard for home video production following the larger VHS cameras, above
- Hi8 VIDEO TO DIGITAL. This showed up in the late 80s as a consumer and pro-sumer product.
NB. At present this service can be offered only to clients who bring their still-functional Hi8 camera with them.
- OTHER ANALOG CAMERAS. As long as clients can bring their camera with them, there is a good chance that video can be captured from these devices and converted to digital. Try and see!
Video conversions can be made to DVD and/or to mpg2 or mp4. DVDs will play on any DVD player, mpg is a digital file that will play on anything from a TV down to a tablet, mp4s are more often played on smartphones. Conversions can be made to other formats if desired, eg for Youtube, websites etc. Clients will need to bring along a USB stick or portable drive to take the digital file away with them.
DVDs can have menus, scene transitions and additional soundtrack if required. DVDs and jewel cases can be custom printed with attractive designs. This will add to costs. More often clients are happy without them.
Memorable railway journeys and cruises
- AUDIO CASSETTES TO MP3s or CDs:
Each track can be converted out to an independent mp3 or the whole cassette to one long mp3. Clients will need to bring along a USB stick or portable drive to which the mp3 can be copied.
- VINYL TO MP3s or CDs
To CDs playable on all standard CD players with attractively printed matching jewel case inserts etc - or to mp3s if you wish
|... and many more ....|
Digital to Digital services
If you need to convert one digital video or audio format to another, let me know